Friday, January 15, 2010

Marilyn Art


This image is of Marilyn Monroe (June 1, 1926 – August 5, 1962) This image is by the artist A Northern Soul. The image can be found at popartgeneration.com. She is known as one of the most popular and glamorous performers in Hollywood history. She was an actress, model, and a film producer. Her film career stretched from 1947-1962.
I love this image because not only is she one of my favorite hollywood stars but also in my opinion she defines beauty. I particularly love the use of color in this picture. I think the pink and black really blend well together. The use of line in this photo is also good. I like the way it outlines her face perfectly. i would describe this as a shadow picture and the pink against the black really brings out her face and makes it look so pretty. I think the theme here would be glamorous!

1 comment:

  1. I like this picture of Marilyn Monroe. How the colors blend can tell alot about her character.

    ReplyDelete