Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dancing With Violin IV

Title: Dancing With Violin IV

Artist: Anna Razumovskaya

Country: Russia

Date: Unknown
Present location: Private location
This is one of the many pieces of artwork done by a young, Russian female artist named Anna Razumovskaya. This painting is the fourth in the series. I googled music and artwork and this was one of the results I came across. It appealed to me because I have a passion for music, especially pertaining to the violin. I have played stringed instruments for the past 16 years, which is the main reason this picture grabbed my attention. I also took a particular liking to this painting because of the vivid use of color. The dress also jumped out at me as something I could picture myself in. In a dream :) I chose this painting over the other three within the series because Dancing With Violin 1 and 3 had this woman posed with her bra exposed with her hugging the violin, not playing it or getting ready to play it. They also seemed to have a sullen and depressing tone because her head was hung low, making her appear unhappy. I really liked Dancing With Violin 2; it was my personal favorite, but due to technical difficulties, I could not get that picture to post to the blog :( This painting was the winner not just because of defalt, but also because the woman appears to have a happier demeanor, even though you could not see her face. Her head is held high, her shoulders back, and she is about to strut her stuff with that instrument.
The colors within this painting are what gives emphasis to it. The dress has so many different arrays of color in it that it almost forms a textured appearance. You feel that if you reached out to touch the dress that you would feel the different layers and materials used. The pale blue hues give the dress a cooling effect, with small bursts of warm yellows and reds, that saturate the dress and give it definition. It almost resembles a peacock in sort of a way. In the background of the portrait, it is not defined, however, it appears to me that a person to her right is watching her because of the shadow-like coloring. The repetition of blues and scattered, chaotic lines give this portrait an uneven pattern, yet one that is pleasing to the eye.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this painting.I like the fact that her back is turned to the audience. It seems as if shes walking away with just her music and herself. The colors are blended well.Great painting.

    ReplyDelete