Friday, January 29, 2010

education




I found this picture on google.com, i could not find the artist. I liked this picture because i remembered when we were talking about the Monastic Life and all the categories under it. For example education , litereacy, authority and power etc. To me this picture shows a teacher teaching the kids how to read and the kids learning different lesssons. I think this was a huge thing for young women to be in a learning setting rather then just being to taught to be a mother or a wife.
I really liked how this picture brought out the educating of women at such a young age. but it looks as if a man is leading the class showing women are still subordinate to men. i also liked the colors of red and green. I also think color plays an important role in this picture because there are the three in red and one in green. in my opinion the one in green possibly is younger or not at the education level of the others. Either way all are being given the chance to make something of themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Maggie- even though I'm not 100% sure that they're women students (they appear to have tonsures, or the shaved crown of the heads that monks wore) , I'm with you in principle. I will help you with doing a google image search that will hopefully yield you more information.

    ReplyDelete